Are you looking for the right composite bonding Manchester city centre practice? Our smile experts are here to help. We’re a trusted dental practice, offer high-quality cosmetic dentistry solutions thanks to the range of expertise we have on board at our clinic.
We have a dedicated service for composite bonding solutions, repairing minor dental issues to improve oral health and enhance your smile. This non-invasive treatment doesn’t use drilling or tooth alterations to achieve its natural-looking results.
If you’d like to discuss your requirements or find out more about our composite veneers or dental bonding treatments, just get in touch. We’re available on 0161 834 1000 and based on Southern Street Manchester for easy access. Read More
Here’s some more information about composite bonding solutions for your smile.
(Content rights reserved to 360 Dental Care)
Composite Bonding Explained
Teeth can undergo a lot of wear and tear over the years, and some can even experience trauma, such as sports injuries or impacts from accidents. Common issues we see with teeth include chips, cracks, small gaps forming and other minor problems, but composite bonding can offer a solution for this type of situation. The procedure involves applying a tooth coloured resin to the teeth, which can be manipulated and sculpted to produce the desired shape.
So, if you need your teeth widening, elongating, chips repaired or gaps filled, bonding is a great option for you. You may also see it called ‘cosmetic bonding’ or ‘composite veneers’.
Why Choose Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a popular solution with our Manchester smile patients thanks to the range of benefits available.
- Get your confidence back by improving your smile.
- Combine composite bonding with teeth whitening.
- You won’t need teeth reduced before the procedure (the resin is applied to your existing teeth).
- Test the aesthetics of porcelain veneers, crowns or onlays on your smile.
- Enjoy a one visit treatment for fast results.
- We use high-quality composite resin for long-lasting outcomes.
- Easily maintain the new look by following your Manchester dentist’s advice.
- Pick a solution that’s more affordable than many other types of cosmetic dentistry.
Once the bonding has been completed, you should be able to bite down with ease.
Are You a Candidate for Cosmetic Bonding?
Cosmetic bonding is ideal for those needing minor alterations to their teeth, whether it’s one tooth or a full mouth restoration. This safe and reliable procedure is carried out by a specialist dentist, and they’ll perform a detailed examination during your initial consultation to see if it’s the best option for your needs and goals.
Composite bonding treatments are chosen by those with:
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
- Tooth decay
- An uneven bite
- A desire to improve the look or shape of their teeth
Thanks to the tooth coloured material, the results are incredibly natural. Such a small change can have a significant impact on how you look and feel about your smile.
How Does Composite Bonding Work?
Once you’ve had your smile consultation and decide to go ahead with composite bonding or composite veneers, the procedure can take place in just one visit.
Treatment steps include:
- CHOOSING THE COMPOSITE RESIN: The composite resin colour will need to be carefully selected to ensure the results look as natural as possible. Many of our Manchester patients even choose to have their teeth whitened with us before starting so that they feel like they’ve had a total smile makeover.
- PREPARING YOUR SMILE: Before we start, we’ll also make sure we have a clean surface to work with, but there’s no need to reduce or alter the shape of your natural teeth. The surface of each affected tooth will be gently roughened to help the composite resin bond correctly, and a conditioning liquid is also applied to aid attachment.
- BONDING: For the actual smile treatment, the resin is applied by your expert dentist. When they attach the resin, they carefully sculpt it into the new shape so that it gets the desired results. UV light will then be applied to the smile so that the resin sets and hardens like teeth. More layers can be added if a few minor additions are required.
- POLISHING: For a natural feel to your smile, the resin is smoothed and polished, creating beautiful results every time.
How Long Does the Dental Bonding Last?
We’ll talk through all the ways you can ensure the composite bonding results last for as long as possible. Most bonding will last for a minimum of five years, but we hope that yours will last much longer than this. To ensure you maintain the results:
- Implement the best aftercare to maintain the cosmetic bonding results.
- Follow all advice given by your dentist and hygienist (including your bespoke dental hygiene programme).
- Eat a diet that’s low in sugar and caffeine (to prevent decay and staining to your smile).
- Consider solutions for issues such as tooth grinding, e.g. a bite guard.
- Attend your regular dental appointments and check-ups.
- Get any dental problems seen as soon as you can.
Can the Composite Resin Stain?
Unlike porcelain veneers, the cosmetic bonding material can stain just like your natural teeth can. That’s why it’s so important to attend regular check-ups and maintain your dental hygiene programme to make sure your smile stays perfect.
After the treatment, we’ll advise you about what to avoid in the first few days, but you should also be wary of particular food and drink items which could increase the likelihood of staining, such as coffee and wine.
Can Cosmetic Bonding Be Repaired?
Yes! While the composite bonding material should last for years, just like your teeth, it could be subject to trauma or wear and tear. Rest assured, the bonding can be repaired by adding more resin material, just as it was in the initial treatment.
Does the NHS Cover Composite Bonding?
No. Composite bonding isn’t available on the NHS, so you will need to pay for the treatment yourself. The cost of cosmetic bonding can vary from place to place, depending on the expertise of the dentists you see, where you live, the quality of materials used and the extent of work required. Luckily, bonding is a more economical treatment than many other cosmetic dentistry procedures, so it’s often chosen for its affordability.
To get an accurate quote for bonding treatments at our Manchester practice, it’s essential to have a consultation and examination with one of our dentists. They’ll perform an in-depth assessment of your teeth and gums to enable them to produce a tailored treatment plan and recommendations. If bonding is a good option for you, they can offer you a quote so that you know how much to expect to pay. There’s never any pressure to commit.
Get in Touch
To book a free smile assessment with our Southern Street Manchester dental team, contact us today.
All rights reserved to 360 Dental Care in Manchester.