If you’d like to book a consultation with the best implant dentist Manchester has to offer, speak to the team at 360 Dental Care.
If you have one or more missing teeth or loose dentures, it can lower your self-confidence and be detrimental to your oral health. That’s why our skilled cosmetic dentistry team offers patients long-term solutions through a range of different treatment options. Read More
As well as our dedicated Manchester dental implant clinic, patients have access to an array of services to help them achieve their perfect smile. This includes specialist solutions for dental bridges, crowns, veneers, bonding, tooth whitening, Invisalign and more.
For a free consultation online, contact 360 Dental Care now on 0161 834 1000.
If you’re thinking about visiting a Manchester dentist near you to discuss dental implants, they’ll be able to talk you through any pros and cons of the treatment and whether it’s the best solution for your needs. Most patients have lots of questions about the procedure and what to expect, so it can be useful to know more before you attend your appointment. Here are some of the questions we regularly get asked at our dental implant consultations.
What’s the Purpose of Dental Implants?
If patients have a missing tooth or teeth, one of the solutions that may be offered to them is a dental implant treatment. Each implant takes the form of a screw made from titanium, which specialist dentists will embed into the gum tissue where the gaps are present.
The purpose of the dental implant is to replicate what a natural root would do for each tooth, creating a stable base for the teeth – in this case, prosthetics such as crowns. The implant is able to firmly stay in place because the titanium encourages the natural bone to fuse with it like it’s the real root of the tooth.
Once each implant has settled, crowns, bridges or dentures can be attached to them via abutments at the top of each dental implant.
Why Do Patients Choose Teeth Implants?
Dental implant treatments are very common and are seen as one of the more permanent dental procedures available to offer patients long-lasting results. Benefits of the implant treatment include:
– Implants are a long-term solution to replace one or more missing teeth.
– It’s a better solution for many patients than removable dentures.
– The dental implants look natural in situ, discreetly holding the new crowns, bridges or dentures in place.
– Stop the jawbone shrinking back further after teeth have been lost, providing better support across the mouth.
– Feel confident when you laugh, talk, eat and smile, especially if you have teeth missing in the visible ‘smile zone’.
– Remain part of an excellent oral hygiene programme as tailored to you by your Manchester dentists.
Am I Right for the Implant Treatment?
One of the first steps in the process is to book yourself an appointment with implant dentists in Manchester. During this initial consultation, they’ll be able to assess everything from your oral history to the existing condition of your teeth, bite and gums. From there, they will discuss with you all the possible treatment options available.
At 360 Dental Care, our implants dental team are highly experienced, ensuring all advice and recommendations are tailored to your individual needs. While we’re passionate about helping you to transform your smile and confidence, we always put the health of our patients first. Therefore, if there are more suitable options than dental implants or other issues which need addressing, such as signs of gum disease, we’ll talk you through this.
Are Dental Implants Long Lasting?
If your dental implant treatment is a success, the implants can last for years. Statistics have revealed that 95% of dental implants remain after 5 years, with 90% successful after ten years. That means that the majority of patients will still have their implants even a decade post-treatment. You can raise the chances that you will be in the ‘implant success’ category by choosing a specialist Manchester dental centre for the treatment.
Why Can Implants Fail?
Unfortunately, some dental implants can fail during the first year after the surgery. Luckily, with the right care and attention, the risks are lowered. However, it’s useful to know some of the reasons why this can happen. This includes:
- Dental implants being overloaded – This is why we always assess the teeth’s bite during your consultation.
- Gum disease – We’ll always tackle issues such as periodontal disease before recommending other treatments.
- Bone quality – There needs to be enough bone present to support the implants.
- Implants chosen – We use Prama dental implants as they’re some of the best in the industry.
- Health conditions – Some medical conditions (such as diabetes) can increase failure risks. We’ll also talk to you about vitamins you can take to help lower risks.
- Lifestyle – Ensure you plan a low sugar diet and don’t smoke if possible.
How Can I Look After My Dental Implants?
After the dental implant procedure, you must follow the aftercare advice provided to you by your Manchester dentist. This will help lower the chances of the dental implants failing, especially if you already have a few higher risk factors, such as smoking or a history of gum disease. Key dental implant aftercare advice includes:
– Always clean your teeth and dental implants thoroughly, but remember the gum area around implants can be more fragile, so avoid toothbrushes with hard bristles. Keeping the implants clean is essential to maintaining them, so you must do a good job each day without causing them further harm.
– Think about your diet and what you consume that could be detrimental to your oral health and dental implants. This includes avoiding high amounts of sugar and caffeine.
– Some dentists won’t consider patients for dental implant surgery if they smoke as it can increase the chances of the implants failing. Therefore, if you do smoke, think about getting support to reduce your intake or better still, give up entirely.
– Ensure all oral hygiene programmes as set out by your hygienist and dentist are followed. This includes brushing and flossing, recommended dental products and attending all your check-ups.
Please note, the terms and conditions of any guarantees that come with your oral surgery may depend on you attending your regular appointments. This ensures any problems are picked up early, and we can advise you about how to maintain your oral health and dental implants.
Will I Need a Bone Graft Before the Dental Implant Surgery?
Patients coming to us for dental implants in Manchester often want to know more about bone grafting and whether it will be required for their oral surgery. The answer is usually yes, but it’s one of the best methods of ensuring dental implants are as long-lasting and successful as possible.
Dental implants need to be supported by bone, which will naturally grow onto and fuse with their surface to hold them in place in the gums. However, if teeth were extracted more than three months ago or you’ve had teeth missing for a while, the jawbone may have shrunk back too far for your mouth to accommodate this process naturally. Therefore, by bulking out the existing bone, our specialists can give your implants the best chances of success.
Our dentists Manchester experts are highly experienced in performing bone grafts, so will talk you through what the procedure involves. It’s often a minor process that isn’t as scary as it sounds, so they should be able to alleviate any concerns you have. Most patients choose to go ahead with the bone grafting to lower the risks of dental implant failure.
Do You Offer Sedation?
At 360 Dental Care, we’ll always ensure you’re comfortable during any of our oral procedures, using a local anaesthetic to numb the areas we work on when placing dental implants. However, if you’re very anxious, we do offer IV sedation for procedures, and this is something we welcome our patients to discuss with their dentist.
Can I get Dental Implants on the NHS?
Dental implants will only be available on the NHS in exceptional circumstances. For example, this includes those who have missing teeth as a result of conditions or illnesses through no fault of their own, such as:
– Oral cancers
– Some genetic conditions
– Trauma to the face
If you think you meet the criteria for NHS dental implants, discuss this with your Manchester dental specialist. All other implants dental plans will need to be paid for privately and won’t be subsidised by the National Health Service. This is because other treatments are available, such as crowns without implants, which still help patients to maintain their oral health.
What Is the Average Cost of Dental Implants?
According to Dentistry Online, the average cost of dental implants in the UK is £2,415, but there can be huge variances in prices up and down the country. The cost of your dental implant treatment is going to depend on your individual needs. Once you’ve had your initial consultation with your dentist in Manchester, they’ll discuss your treatment plan and what’s involved.
How Much Is a Dental Implant UK Treatment?
When considering the cost of UK dental implant procedures, it will depend on your individual requirements. This includes how many missing teeth you have and additional work needed to improve your oral health. For example, patients may need a bone graft to provide adequate bone support for each dental implant, or you may also want teeth whitening to improve the look of your smile zone once the implants are in place.
At 360 Dental Care in Manchester, we want to make cosmetic dentistry solutions more accessible for all. This means we offer high-quality dental implant solutions at prices which are well within the national average. Using our current price list, the cost of a minor bone graft, one implant, abutment and crown would be approximately £2,200. However, if more than one dental implant is required for multiple missing teeth, the rest of the implants may be discounted. We even offer full mouth restorations.
Looking for a Dental Implant Centre? Book a Consultation with 360 Dental Care
If you’ve been searching for a trusted dental implant clinic near Manchester city centre, book an appointment with our talented team. We can start with a free virtual smile assessment if you would prefer, where we’ll talk through what you’re looking for and point you in the right direction about the different services you may like to consider. However, a full dental consultation will be required to establish the right treatment plan for your needs.
We’re conveniently located on Southern Street in Manchester, offering our general and specialist cosmetic dentistry clinics in state-of-the-art facilities. We even have smile design technology to help you see what the results of your oral surgery will look like, as well as having an onsite laboratory for faster turnarounds. It’s allowed us to offer some of the most specialist dental implant treatments in the area, including our Teeth in a Day service.
Why work with 360 Dental Care?
- Transform your smile with our specialist expertise.
- We offer restorative dental treatments of the highest quality.
- Our excellent results are made possible by having the latest technology and materials available to our dentists and patients.
- Access reputable services for high-quality dental implants.
- We have an experienced team, bringing together the knowledge and skills required to offer first-class services to patients.
- We aim to offer you long-lasting outcomes that enhance your oral health for good.
When you visit our dental implant centre, our team will look after you from the moment you arrive, guiding you through the process to put you at ease. We have a vast knowledge of different treatments, including various dental implant solutions to consider so that you can make a well-informed decision that’s right for you.
Create your ideal smile with our Manchester dental services. To book a dental implant consultation or a free smile assessment, get in touch now.