Are you looking for the best Invisalign Manchester city centre practice? Visit our experienced team at 360 Dental Care. As top dentists in Manchester, we offer an array of different orthodontic treatment plans, including our dedicated Invisalign solutions.
When you attend our city centre dental practice for your consultation, we’ll perform a thorough clinical examination to determine the condition of your teeth and gums, recommending some of the treatments which will help you to enhance your oral health. Many of our patients want a full smile makeover to improve their confidence.
Our high-quality, clear Invisalign solutions can straighten teeth and correct a variety of issues with a patient’s bite.
Get a free smile assessment or consultation to discuss our Invisalign treatment plans now by calling our Manchester dental centre on 0161 834 1000. Read More
If you’ve been searching for Manchester dentists near the city centre specialising in clear braces, speak to 360 Dental about Invisalign solutions. We often get asked a lot of questions about this beneficial teeth straightening treatment, so if you’d like to know more, here’s some of your questions answered.
The Invisalign Treatment Explained – What Is It?
If you’ve been looking into the different types of orthodontic treatment plans that help to straighten teeth, you may have come across Invisalign. These clear braces are one of the most popular of their kind thanks to their virtually invisible appearance and the benefits they offer over fixed braces.
The treatment requires patients to use clear aligners that fit over the teeth and gradually move them into a new position, changing the tray every week if possible. The aligners are custom made so that they’re specifically designed for a patient’s existing teeth and smile goals.
Are Invisible Braces Better Than Fixed Braces?
Invisalign may not be the right solution for every patient. When you come to our city centre dentist Manchester surgery, we’ll find out more about any concerns you have, perform x-rays and ensure we complete a detailed clinical examination. This will help us to determine which treatment options are suitable. Often, Invisalign is preferred over fixed braces for some of the following reasons.
- ORAL HYGIENE: Invisalign braces are removable, so you can take them out to eat, drink, and brush or floss your teeth. This can improve your oral hygiene as fixed braces often get food caught in them and are harder to keep clean.
- VIRTUALLY INVISIBLE BRACES: Many people don’t like the look of fixed braces as they’re made from metal, which can make patients feel self-conscious about their smile when eating, talking and laughing. Thanks to the clear aligners used by Invisalign, the appearance of the braces is highly discreet.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Metal braces may catch on the gums at times, but Invisalign braces have a much smoother, plastic feel, allowing for a comfortable fit. There’s no wires or brackets, just removable trays which act a bit like a gumshield.
- FEWER APPOINTMENTS: While we love seeing you at our city centre dental practice, Invisalign requires you to come in for fewer check-ups with our team. We usually ask to see you every 6 to 8 weeks.
What Bite Problems Will an Invisalign Treatment Fix?
With its proven results, this treatment may be suitable for a variety of dental and bite issues, including teeth straightening solutions and reducing gaps between teeth.
- Gaps between teeth: Spaces between teeth can cause issues if a tooth starts to move towards the gap and becomes loose.
- Overcrowding: If your teeth don’t fit normally within the jaw due to a lack of space, it can lead to overcrowding.
- Open bite: If both the upper and lower sets of teeth stick out, they may not touch each other.
- Underbite: This occurs when some of the lower teeth stick out over the upper ones.
- Overbite: This occurs when some of the upper teeth protrude over the lower ones.
- Crossbite: Crossbite occurs when the upper teeth bite into the lower set of teeth.
Clinical examinations and x-rays can help our specialists to produce a cosmetic dentistry plan for you and talk through the various options available, including Invisalign treatments. This allows patients to make an informed decision about what’s right for them.
What Is Smile Design?
When you come in for your Invisalign treatment consultation, our dentists will talk you through the steps involved. Thanks to our smile design expertise, we use software to create 3D images of your teeth so that we can work closely with you to show what the results could look like. It’s about achieving your perfect smile.
Some of the steps involved in the smile design process include:
– Scanning your teeth to produce a digital 3D image
– Previewing your future smile and adjusting as desired
– Approval of your new smile design
– Sending the images to Invisalign to make your bespoke trays
– Receiving the aligners at our dental treatment clinic
– Fitting your first aligners
– Advising you about how to change your trays
– Booking in your check-ups to monitor progress
Rest assured, our dentists Manchester specialists will guide you through the treatment steps from start to finish.
When Will You See the Invisalign Results?
Many patients on an Invisalign treatment plan start to notice changes happening within weeks, but your dentist will monitor your progress at your check-ups. They may modify your treatment slightly if crooked teeth need a little more encouragement to move in the desired way.
The treatment usually takes an average of 12 to 18 months to complete, but many people see results before this. You can help shorten this time by wearing your aligners for at least 22 hours a day and switching to new trays as advised by your Invisalign specialist.
After you finish your final Invisalign trays:
– You may decide to refine your smile further with a few extra aligners to help you get the perfect results.
– Some patients also choose to have teeth whitening treatments as part of their overall smile makeover, as well as other treatments we have available to restore chipped or worn teeth.
– You must wear your retainer to help keep your new smile as straight as possible.
Does Invisalign Hurt?
Your new Invisalign braces may cause you to feel some mild discomfort when you first get them, but this will fade over the next few days. This is due to the new pressure felt as the treatment begins to work. The trays work with the exact amount of force required to move your teeth into the right place over time. However, your teeth will quickly adjust to wearing the aligners each time you switch to a new tray. You may also find it takes one or two weeks to get used to the feel of the trays in your mouth, so speak, laugh and even sing to help you adjust to the treatment.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Like all types of orthodontic treatment, the cost is going to depend on how complex your dental correction is and the length of the treatment. When you come in for your consultation, we’ll be able to make a more accurate assessment about what’s required and give you a quote. There’s never any pressure to continue with the treatment plan, so you can go away and think it through if you need to.
Invisalign Dental in Manchester – Visit Our City Centre Practice
At 360 Dental, our team is dedicated to providing the best dental solutions to our patients, presenting you with a wide range of options when it comes to achieving your ideal smile and improving your oral health. We’re conveniently located close to the city centre.
When you visit our surgery, we put you at ease from the moment you step through the door, guiding you through every process from checking-in and having your consultation to knowing what to expect for your treatment.
We specialise in all types of cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics, including dedicated Invisalign services. We’ll talk you through what the best options are so that you can always make a decision that’s right for you.
To book a free smile assessment or Invisalign consultation, get in touch with our Manchester dental practice today.
Please note, all content rights reserved to 360 Dental.