If you’re looking for cosmetic dentistry solutions for missing teeth replacements, speak to our team about our dedicated tooth implant Manchester services. This effective treatment can transform the confidence of our patients with each dental implant helping them to create a smile they’re proud of.
When you visit the 360 Dental Care team in Manchester, we’ll provide you with an in-depth smile design assessment, showing you how your new smile could look in real life. We offer a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments, including high-quality Prama dental implants. Our skilled dentists will assess your mouth and gums, recommending a treatment plan that’s right for you. Read More
If you want to create your perfect smile, call now to arrange a free smile assessment on 0161 834 1000. We offer virtual consultations if you would prefer this flexible option.
If you’ve been searching for a Manchester dental service for reliable tooth implants, you may be feeling anxious about what to expect. Our skilled dental technicians will guide you through the process from start to finish, so please tell them if there’s anything you’re worried or concerned about. If you’d like to find out more about dental implants in Manchester, read some of our implant FAQs below.
What Is a Tooth Implant Treatment?
Dental implants are regularly used to replace missing teeth or to stabilise dentures in the mouth. It’s often considered a revolutionary treatment, which has provided patients with more longer-term solutions. It’s chosen by those who have lost teeth through periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury. Some patients may have lost teeth during contact sports, which resulted in oral trauma, for example.
Each implant is made from titanium, forming a screw-like shape so that they can be inserted in the jawbone. The bone then fuses with the surface of the implant to hold it in place, providing the perfect support for teeth replacements such as bridges, crowns or dentures. The treatment aims to emulate how a natural root would support a tooth in the mouth.
Titanium is chosen for creating each implant because it’s safe to use and easily fuses with the gum tissue and bone to provide your artificial tooth with the support it needs for many years to come.
Why Choose Implants?
Do you have missing teeth? We understand how much this can knock your self-esteem and confidence, not to mention the way you speak and eat, especially if you’re trying to avoid others seeing the gap or avoid further issues in the area. Many patients choose a dental implant treatment thanks to the array of benefits on offer.
- Restore your smile with a full set of teeth.
- Dental implants are a discreet choice for patients with teeth missing.
- The results are incredibly natural-looking.
- Implants are a long-term solution, often lasting for many years with the right care.
- You can have one dental implant or several, and you can have multiple implants fitted in one procedure.
- Receive a discount on subsequent implants required during the same procedure.
- Get your confidence back and be proud of your new smile.
- It’s a more permanent alternative to dentures.
- Get improved support for dentures, bridges and crowns.
- Increase the strength of your bone tissue and jaw structure.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Every patient is different, so the cosmetic treatment you choose will depend on your individual requirements. When you attend your consultation for dental implants in Manchester, our expert dentists can assess whether it’s the most suitable treatment for your needs. This includes looking at how many teeth are missing, as well as the condition of your gums and remaining teeth.
If you leave the gaps unaddressed, it could affect the way your teeth bite together, causing more grinding. In short, if you have gaps where teeth have been lost, it could affect the overall structure of your teeth and your oral health.
Dental implants are suitable for:
– Patients with teeth missing
– Anyone over the age of 18 (underlying bones are still growing if you are under this age)
– When there are no signs of gum disease
– Those in good general health
It’s also important to tell your Manchester dentist about any medical problems you have so that they can assess your suitability for dental implants. For example, those with diabetes should have the condition under control before having the treatment. This treatment may also not be suitable for anyone who’s had radiotherapy to the jaw area. Please discuss your individual concerns with our Manchester dental care team.
What Happens During the Oral Surgery?
The treatment usually takes place in two stages once any bone grafting has been completed.
1. IMPLANT PLACEMENT: During the first procedure, each implant is placed directly into the jawbone, creating an artificial root. The titanium implant is then given a few weeks or months to settle while the bone fuses to its surface to hold it firmly in place.
2. TOOTH REPLACEMENT: The top of the dental implant is called an abutment, acting as a connection point for the new false tooth. This is usually a denture or crown, which is fitted to the top of the implant.
Will the Dental Implant Treatment Hurt?
Our dentists in Manchester will do everything possible to ensure you are comfortable throughout any oral surgery you have booked with us. Please rest assured, dental implants should not hurt during the procedure, but the gums may be slightly tender after the treatment is carried out. After having a missing tooth replaced, many of our patients report the discomfort felt before the procedure was greatly improved once the dental implant placement was completed.
Some of our patients ask for sedation for their oral surgery. We’ll always assess this case by case, but it is something we can offer you at our Manchester practice. We offer IV sedation for all procedures, and this will only ever be carried out by a qualified professional at our dental centre. When used appropriately by a trained expert, sedation is very safe.
If you’d like to find out more about pain relief options for your dental implant treatment, please speak to one of our team.
Do Dental Implants Last for Very Long?
When considering the length of time any dental solutions last for, it’s important to remember that even your own teeth haven’t lasted a lifetime. That said, how long the tooth implants last will depend on how well you care for them, as well as other factors such as gum health. Statistics have shown that more than 90% of dental implants remain functional even after a decade in situ. This should reassure our patients that the majority of dental implant treatments are a long-term investment.
What Are Prama Implants?
The success of dental implant treatments is affected by many different factors, including the quality of the implants. At 360 Dental, we use Prama dental implants. Made in Italy, we’ve found them to be the most reliable type of implant in the industry.
– The Prama dental implant system offers superior results.
– Prama implants have an excellent success rate and have an attachment which can reduce the chances of peri-implantitis forming around the dental implant site.
– Their products have been assessed by the Clean Implant Foundation, giving them a ‘certified clean’ rating. Poorer quality dental implants could get contaminated, which leads to higher failure rates.
– The neck of the dental implant has been carefully designed with longevity in mind, encouraging the gum to attach to it to provide improved support in the mouth.
– The colour of the dental implant neck is gold. Grey colours can shine through the gum, which leaves a dark and visible area. By choosing gold for the implant neck, it prevents this from happening, creating a more natural appearance.
Are Your Implants Guaranteed?
No dental treatment can ever be guaranteed for life, and there’s always a chance tooth implants could fail. However, at 360 Dental Care in Manchester, we do offer a guarantee for dental implant treatments (terms and conditions apply). This means that if an implant ‘fails’ or it doesn’t integrate with the bone during the first 12 months post-treatment, we will replace it. If the failure occurs beyond the one year mark, we’ll assess your case, looking at the risk factors that were involved and how well you’ve implemented any oral health programmes we recommended.
While our guarantee is separate for dental implants, please note that crowns, bridges and dentures that are attached to an implant have a five-year warranty (subject to terms and conditions).
Are Tooth Implants Very Expensive?
Dental implants aren’t usually offered on the NHS, so if you’d like this treatment, it needs to be paid for privately. They will only be available on the NHS in very exceptional circumstances, such as for those who’ve had cancer of the mouth. If you think you may qualify, speak to your Manchester dental practice. Most patients will be required to pay for the dental implants themselves, but you should weigh this up against the fact they are a longer-term solution than many other options.
Patients often like to know the cost before the process begins, but it can be difficult to give an exact price. This is because each case is different, so the requirements and price will be greater if you have more complex needs. However, it can be useful to know that the current dental implant cost for patients requiring a single implant, small bone graft, abutment and crown is £2,200. If multiple placements are needed, a discount is usually applied per dental implant.
Always chat through your options with your dentist, including any alternatives which could also be viable for your circumstances. There’s never any pressure to commit to treatments until you’re ready to make a final decision.
Before the Treatment, Will I Need a Bone Graft?
If you have a missing tooth, the bone will shrink back, especially if you’ve tackled gum disease for some time. If this is the case, there may not be enough bone to integrate with the dental implant, so the risk of failure is higher. If the implant will be in the visible ‘smile zone’ or you want to increase the chances of the implant being a success, we would replace the missing bone. This process uses a ‘bottle bone’ which bulks the area up to give the dental implant the support it needs.
What’s the Best Aftercare for Teeth Implants?
After your Manchester dental treatment, it’s important to care for the implant properly, implementing the advice your dentist gives you. After the procedure, your dentist or hygienist will detail the specifics for you.
However, general advice we give to our dental implant patients in Manchester includes:
– Keeping your teeth and dental implants clean is vital.
– Just as you need to care for your natural teeth, implants will be more likely to last longer and remain in a good condition if you take good care of them.
– You shouldn’t use anything hard to brush or clean your teeth, and you should be especially careful at the gum area around implants.
– While implants are more fragile than natural teeth, it’s important to do a thorough job, so don’t skip steps.
– Our dentist in Manchester team will strongly recommend a dental hygiene programme for you to follow.
Please remember that your warranties for dental implants, dentures, crowns and bridges are dependent on how well you follow the hygiene programme made for you. Therefore, it’s vital that you attend regular appointments made at our practice.
Dentist Manchester Services – Book a Smile Design Consultation
At 360 Dental Care in Manchester, our dedicated team has years of experience, thus our loyal client base and excellent results. We offer a wide range of dental services, including cosmetic dentistry solutions. If you’re looking for a specialist implants dental service in Manchester, we’d love to hear from you.
Why choose us?
- EXPERIENCED TEAM: We bring together shared knowledge and expertise to ensure every piece of the puzzle is in place when providing dental implant treatments to our Manchester patients.
- SMILE DESIGN SERVICES: Worried about what your new smile will look like? Before any of our treatments begin (including dental implants), we guide you through the smile design process. This means you can see a digital mock-up of how the implants will appear once they’re in place. It’s a great way to see how the results will look.
- LONG-LASTING SMILES: We want you to feel confident about your smile, so tailor all our treatments and advice to your needs.
- HIGH-QUALITY TREATMENTS: Alongside the skilled techniques we use, we also ensure you have the highest quality materials and products available to you. The dental implant system we trust is Prama.
- PROVEN RESULTS: Our dental in Manchester practice has been serving the local community for years. If you would like to see before and after photos of our implants, please take a look at our website. Our world-class technicians produce results of outstanding quality.
Looking for a dental implant specialist in Manchester? Please book your free consultation (virtual smile assessment) with our team to start to process. Contact us now.